Friday, December 19, 2008

Time to Relax

An early wake up occurred again this morning. It was going to take about 15 minutes to get to the bus station and I had a long journey in front of me, I was going to go to Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima), so it was best that I get going sooner rather than later. Luckily though the bus to Korat left every hour, it was on route to Bangkok, so a popular journey.
After buying my 11:40 ticket and having caught a quick something to eat (pork + rice) at a local vendor I boarded the bus. Although it was nice on the outside, the inners weren't as elegant, but who am I to complain? The journey took 7hrs and was relatively straight forward, the only problem being was that I had no battery life on my MP3 so I had to just sleep and gaze at Thailand's many mysteries as they passed my window.
Getting in at 19:00 I was now tired and a stretch of the legs was needed, so adamant not to get a Tuk Tuk to a hotel I started strolling. Shame for me the bus station I got dropped of at, was the 2nd terminal, 3km from the city and a further 1-2km to the accommodation area. Arriving at 20:00 I took the first room I found, expensive at 366Bh, it had air-con, a toilet that flushes and a TV, so I had a wonderful, relaxing night! It was a bit strange however, you kind of forget home comforts quickly enough, so having a TV I didn't know really what to watch, BBC News was the only channel I could get into.

No comments: