Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Shopping Mall

After a good nights' sleep, I woke up refreshed today and ready to see the town some more. Korat has the same problem many working towns have all around the world. It isn't as open and depentant on tourists, therefore finding and seeing their 'best things' often takes some time. By saying that, I mean, I had to walk a lot today.
I started of by visiting some more Wats firstly, there was one I hadn't seen, rumour has it that it had a cave (pictured top left)there as well! It took a while but I found it and it was worth the walk. It was more of a complex then a single Wat and what's more..... there was a little cave shrine/place of prayer. This was interesting due to the fact that the room was only about 6ft high! I had to crouch the entire time.
After visiting that I proceeded to walk down it's main route out of town and see some of the 'locals shops', I then bumped into a massive shopping mall, named "The Mall". Now I'm not really a fan of shopping malls, to be honest, but this one was different, it was so grand and spacious, it actually worked and was a pleasure to walk around. Saying that I still didn't buy anything!

After doing the 1hr 30min walk back to my hotel, I was thoroughly knackered by now, so a quick drink and some noodle soup placed me in a right mind to read and sleep.

No comments: