Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Landing on my Feet

So it had been a hard couple days trekking, great fun, but tiring none the less. So after a quick/rushed Thai Massage I got the night bus to Bangkok's North Eastern terminal and then the 06:30 bus to Pak Chong, the closest town to Khao Yai national park.
The park itself is a jewel, although only one day trips/visits to the area is recommended I thought I'd have a week here as well as partaking in Thailand's 2nd International Balloon Festival. So, after a brief look at the Lonely Planet book, I chose to stay at Khao Yai Garden Lodge which also offers a free pick up service from Pak Chong.
The lodge itself is gorgeous, surrounded by green gardens and flowers everywhere I had to stay here. Although it caters to the well of, they have one set of backpacker rooms, with a shared bathroom costing 350Bh a night (just under 7 pounds). It also offers free internet which is a massive bonus.

Khao Yai Garden Lodge Website

No comments: