Friday, December 12, 2008

Getting Lost in Nong Kai and Mut Mee

OK, so when you travel you aren't meant to get attached to anything. The basic law. But here at Nong Kai it's impossible to do so, three days in and I'm relaxed beyond belief, I've got my best friends here, Pat (my trusty Irish mate), Solomon & Nicola (mad Swizz people, feeding me chocolate to my hearts content) and Deno and Lyndsey (my temporary parents from Detroit, Michagan). All in all it's wonderfull. I trust them and we work together and chill together.
Granted, I'm not acheiving much accept for just enjoying Thailand like I should be! I mean look at the photo to the upper left! This is the bar/communial area where I've spent my time teaching everyone card games such as Shithead as well as the ones my Grandparents taught me. Now when I wake up, come back from walking around, or just return to the communial area I'm guaranteed my friends will be there waiting to play cards with me. A fantastic feeling, suddenly I have a home.
Today I just relaxed and socialized but tomorrow I start my Art Theraphy School and Meditation Classes (Deno & Lyndsey offered me the oppertunity so I took it), it was a great day and now I understand why people say they "Got lost in Nong Kai".

From left to right:
Top- Solomon, Lyndsey & Deno
Bottom- Nicola, Charlie, Patt

No comments: