Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Relaxing/Hectic Couple of Days

Ok, so maybe I haven't done much the last two days. Yesterday I just returned my scooter, had lunch with Pee and then swatted up on Nong Kai, the location where I am today. Then today I just caught an 8hr bus ride up to the NE border to Laous to the town of Nong Kai. It's a nice place, quiet, cheap and relaxful. So just what I need before I start trekking and go to Laos.
I arrived at 7pm this evening and checked into my guesthouse it's called Mut Mee Garden Guesthouse and costs 140Bh a night (just under 3pounds!) so I can't complain, it's also straight on the river so you look over to Laos from the restaurant which has a beautiful view.
I've seen/read about teaching English and I.T here to both children with H.I.V and to those who simply can't afford education, so I'mprobaly going to do that tomorrow and stay here a couple days before crossing the 'Friendship Bridge' into Laos.

No comments: