Monday, December 15, 2008

Art Theraphy and Mediatation School

So I apologize in advance about the lack of information and detail I give for the last three days of this school. The thing is however, it's private, there was a class of 8 in total and the school/classes were our sacred place and I've got to respect that.
I can however tell you the general idea of what we did. The classes were about 7hrs a day, and we'd meditate 4 times during the day as well. The concept being that we'd have our own space and think about life and our current situation and then just paint, no thought needed, just the feeling you have inside. Granted I think I was the exceptional case, my happy/go lucky mentality keeps me 'with it' and a smile on my face, so maybe I wasn't to benefit as much as the others. Still however I learnt a lot from these three days, I focused myself and realized what goals I want to achieve, who I'm grateful to and who I'm resentful against and need to get over.
Outside of class it was the same old story, socializing and relaxing with great people, I even met two young individuals from America who I played chess against. They were only ten years old each (twin sisters, pictured left) but they were incredibly clever. You know your opponents are gifted when they start speaking Afghanistani to one another so I don't understand! They were travelling for a year with their mum and dad.
Above is the last photo I drew at my course. It represents Freedom whilst the mushroom represents dangers that still excist. No perfect world is perfect, you still have temptations and dangers. Laugh if you will, but it means a lot to me.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Shid ahdf dhfdsan dhelan dshz xsadfh. !dhfjdufgej duendain dsahe hsdfjsd. Seedsa lipotico ahd ge fsdkss sdfhsgey. (Afghanistani)

English translation - Charlie, thanks for sharing your blog with us. We hope you continue to have great adventures. We loved meeting you and playing chess with you at Mut Mee. Your afghanistani speaking chess mates and our parents.