Friday, November 28, 2008

Flight of the Gibbon

OH my god, what blooming fun! I got picked up today at midday to go on the 'Flight Of The Gibbon' adventure which was amazing. Although I was thoroughly disappointed I didn't take my camera. Your not allowed any bags, sun glasses e.t.c
The experience itself was great, you basically travel for about 2hrs up to a well remote part of the Jungle where you then harness yourself up, get a helmet and go exploring.
The set up is as follows, they have about 2/3km of zip lines between trees (about 30+metres from the ground) so you just go from tree to tree, then absail maybe to a new level and then carry on along the zip lines. All the time whilst working yourself to the bottom of the valley.
I was thoroughly impresses by the tour instructors though and the safety was fantastic. We also got to see snakes e.t.c as well as getting to see tea leaves, coffee plants and much more. I'd thoroughly recommend doing this to anyone!
After the 3hrs of flying between trees we then had a nice meal in the village cooked by the tribe and then caught the bus back to Chang Mai. Arriving back I was thoroughly tired so just chilled out at the guesthouse watching Bourne Identidy with a family from San Francisco. Ohh...I also had a nice conversation with a Deutsch man tonight. He's here for two weeks trying to find his brothers grave, the brother married a Thai and was buried out here and none of his family knew where he was buried e.t.c but he found the grave after the first week. So was enjoying some travelling now.

1 comment:

Avocet said...

Hi Charlie, added your blog to my blogger dashboard, was looking at names of blogs and Flight Of The Gibbon was right there. We did it too, except we brought our cameras with us!!!

afgani speaking chess mate #1