Friday, November 28, 2008

A Day On The Bus

Ok, so today wasn’t the most exciting in the world but it was one where I sorted myself out none the less. I woke up around 7am this morning and went to Royal Jordian Airways, the company who my plane ticket is with, I went there to see what my flexibility is like with my ticket. They stated that I can stay upto the 28th of November 2009 and if I wanted to change my flight time it would be 25 pounds.
After that I caught a taxi, went by metre, to the NE bus terminal of Bangkok, there I caught a bus to Chang Mai. The bus costed approximately 580Bh and included a hot meal (which I chose to be rice, chicken and pea cake) as well as a blanket, pillow and on-board entertainment. Surprised by the luxury of the bus I spent the 11hrs listening to my new Ipod as well as watching the Thai’s equivalent to Takeshi’s Castle. Out here it is called Chang 100000, and the Thai’s love it!
Upon arriving to Chang Mai, I caught a Tok Tok to Moon Chuag, a popular tourist area filled with B&B’s and Guesthouses, I checked into Jacky’s Hotel which costs 8 pounds a night for air con, 2 single beds and a free tour organiser.
After a brief few beers with some Australians and a few more beers by myself on the internet, I setted up this blog to inform my family on a day-to-day basis on how my travelling was going.
I also received an email from a girl called Lucy today, whom’s getting to Chang Mai on Thursday, see seemed up for travelling with me. I placed an advert on Lonely Planet for a travel companion.
Also today I recieved word from Tim Revel who is OK with me coming along to the Balloon Festival next month and flying with him. Which I look forward to.
As for now, I’m about to pay the 1 pound I owe to Jacy for my 2hrs internet use, and then walk to the 7-11 for some food. Although it’s 2 in the morning, I’m blooming hungry as I still haven’t had tea.

No comments: